To understand the process for adding and removing licenses see Student Licenses: Add (Activate) or Remove (Deactivate). For information on adding or removing VB-MAPP licenses see Activate or Remove a Student License for VB-MAPP.
NOTE: Student Licenses that are removed (inactivated) will expire at the end of the billing cycle. VB-MAPP licenses that are removed (inactivated) will expire at the end of the yearly billing cycle for VB-MAPP.
Understand Your Catalyst Invoice
Invoices are divided into two main sections, the Header contains your invoice & receipt numbers, date paid, and payment method. The Description/Body contains the previous month's charges, any changes/prorations, the next month's charges, and the total amount.
The Description/Body is divided into three parts:
- Charges from the previous month (along with any prorated fees)
- Charges for the next month
When your billable Student License count changes (add/activate a student license), two line items will be added to your invoice. One line will be labeled "Unused time for..." and the other will be labeled "Remaining time on..." along with the date the change was made. For example Oct 24 -Nov 13, 2022 would indicate the change was made on October 24th.
- Unused time is the remaining amount of what you prepaid at the start of the billing period for Student Licenses.
- Remaining time is the charge for the new Student License count for the remainder of the month.
Example of Prorated License Fees
- At the beginning of the billing period, the clinic paid for 34 licenses.
- Two new student licenses were added on the 24th of the month.
- The unused time for those 34 licenses was credited back to the account.
- The remaining time for the 36 licenses was added to the account.
- The sum of these two lines is the prorated fee.