When a student is created, their Mastery Criteria is automatically created with a default set of values. Users can change these values at any time.
Note: Automatic Mastery Criteria applies only to DTT, Jump-To, Task Analysis, and Duration Targets in Catalyst. Other Target Types must be manually mastered out. To learn more, please visit Manually Master Out a Target documentation.
Access Mastery Criteria subtab from the Setup Tab in the Students Section.
Define the following values to determine when Targets will reach mastery:
- Response Percentage - This is a measure of accuracy. Response Percentage divides the number of correct responses per day by the total number of trials per day. If that result percentage is equal to or greater than this entered value, the criterion is met.
- Consecutive Days - This criterion requires the number of consecutive days on which data are taken, for which ALL specified criterion must be met to achieve mastery.
- First Trial Must Be Independent - If this value is set to Yes, the first trial of each consecutive day MUST be independent. If this value is set to No, only other criteria are used to determine mastery.
- Only Count First Trial (Cold Probe)
- Minimum Number of Trials Required per Day - This allows users to define a minimum number or trials per day that must be conducted in order to meet mastery criteria.
- Minimum Number of Therapists - This allows users to define a minimum number of unique instructors, over x consecutive days, who must each conduct at least one trial in order to meet mastery criteria.
- First Mastery Check
- Second Mastery Check
- Third Mastery Check
Click Save Changes.
- Access the Settings subtab.
- Scroll to bottom of page to Other Settings section.
- Select Yes for Automatic Goal Lines for Mastery.
- Click Save Changes.