Start from the Administration tab.
Access Custom Student Fields from the Administration Menu in the Administration Section.
- Scroll to bottom of page and click New Field. The Custom Field Definition modal displays.
- Enter field Name.
- The Reporting Name populates automatically.
- Select Type from the dropdown menu. This designates what type of information the field will require. e.g., Text, Numeric, Dropdown, Phone Number, etc.
- Text– Inserts field for plain text
- Rich Text– Inserts field for rich text which supports bold, italics, underlining and size changes
- Date– MM/DD/YYYY
- Dropdown (Premade Entries)– Inserts dropdowns made by Catalyst.
Current options include a list of users in the organization.
- Dropdown (Custom Entries)– Inserts dropdown that is customizable to include any options relevant to your organization. In order to populate list, enter items in the custom values field. Make sure to separate each item with a comma.
- Phone Number– XXX-XXX-XXXX
- Social Security Number– XXX-XX-XXXX
- Zip Code– 5 digit code
- Select checkbox to indicate if the field is Required (mandatory).
- Click .