Each person who uses Catalyst (either the online portal or the app) will need a User account. Organizations can create users as employees or parents and can assign any level of desired Security Rights to each user.
NOTE: To learn more about Security, please visit Security Rights Glossary or Create a Security Group documentation.
Jump to Section: [Create New User] [General Information Section] [Security Options, Sites & Student Access]
Create New User
Select the Administration tab.
Access Users from the Administration Menu in the Administration Section.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Create New User link.
[Back to Top]
General Information Section
**All fields except Title are required.
- Click the User Type dropdown to select Employee vs Parent.
- Enter the user’s First and Last name.
NOTE: This is the name that displays on all data taken, in SOAP Notes, etc.
- Enter user Title if desired.
- Enter Username.
NOTE: The username is unique for this user.
- Enter the user's Credentials.
NOTE: This is the credential that will display automatically after their name when generating SOAP notes.
- Enter a Password & Device PIN for the user.
- Enter Email.
- Select Force User to Change Password if you would like the user to create a new password immediately after logging in with the password you’ve created for the user.
Security Options, Sites & Student Access
- Click in the Security Groups field and select appropriate Security rights for the user.
IMPORTANT: Only one security group can be selected per user.
- Click in Site Assignments (if Sites is enabled for your organization) and select the desired Site.
- Catalyst defaults Student Access to All Students. To choose specific student access, click the Student Access dropdown and select appropriate students.
NOTE: To assign more than one student, select each student while holding the control key.
- Click Save.