Create a Student
Start from the Administration tab.
Access Students from the Administration Menu.
NOTE: If utilizing the Sites feature, the Students link will be housed under each individual Site.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Create New Student link.
**All fields except Student Code and Diagnosis are required.
- Enter the student's First Name and Last Name. This will pull onto the first line of the SOAP Note header, as shown below.
- Enter user Student Code if desired.
NOTE: This is an optional alphanumeric identifier used to ensure student confidentiality. If the code is used, it will be displayed in the Catalyst app instead of the student's name.
- Select Gender.
- Enter the student's Date of Birth using a 2-digit Date and Month, and 4-digit Year (i.e., xx/xx/xxxx). This will pull onto the first line of the SOAP Note header, as shown below.
- Enter Diagnosis if desired. This will pull onto the first line of the SOAP Note header, as shown below.
- Select the appropriate Time Zone.
- If Belongs to Site is enabled, select the appropriate Site for the student to appear in.
- Enter Entry Date or Program Beginning.
- Select the BCBA that will be working with the student. This will pull onto the third line of the SOAP Note header, as shown below.
- Select the Lead Therapist that will be working with the student.
NOTE: Selecting a BCBA and Lead Therapist does NOT assign them to the student. Selecting here is for Progress/SOAP Notes. To learn more about assigning a user to a student, please visit Create a User documentation.
- Click Next.
- Enter appropriate Primary Contact if desired.
- Enter Alternate Contact if desired.
NOTE: These fields are not required. Click Next to skip.
When Targets are opened for Baseline, data will be collected against those Targets. Catalyst needs to know how a Target will move out of Baseline. Based on the criteria entered here, a Target will either be Mastered in Baseline, or Failed in Baseline.
- Select # of Correct Trials - This is the number of correct (unprompted or independent) trials a user wishes to require for a target to be considered mastered in the baseline.
- Select if you would like the # of Correct Trials to be done In a Row or In any Order.
- Select the Out Of number - This is the total number of trials required for baseline data to be complete.
- Select desired Baseline Trials per Day.
**Response Percentage, Minimum Number of Trials/Day and Minimum Number of Therapists are required fields.
NOTE: To establish additional Mastery Criteria, such as setting a time for up to three Mastery Checks to occur, please visit the Mastery Criteria subtab of the Setup tab.
- Enter a Response Percentage - This is a measure of accuracy. Response Percentage divides the number of correct responses per day by the total number of trials per day. If that result percentage is equal to or greater than this entered value, the criterion is met.
- Enter Consecutive Days - This criterion requires the number of consecutive days on which ALL specified criteria must be met to achieve mastery.
NOTE: This only counts toward days on which a session took place.
- Select whether the First Trial Must be Independent - If this value is set to Yes, the first trial of each consecutive day MUST be independent. If this value is set to No, only other criteria are used to determine mastery.
- Select whether Catalyst should Only Count First Trial (Cold Probe).
- Enter Minimum Number of Trials/Day - This allows users to define a minimum number or trials per day that must be conducted in order to meet mastery criteria.
NOTE: For programs using a cold probe-type data, this must be set at 1.
- Enter Minimum Number of Therapists - This allows users to define a minimum number of unique instructors, over x consecutive days, who must each conduct at least one trial in order to meet mastery criteria.
NOTE: For programs using cold probe-type data, this value must be set at 1.