A SOAP Note Template is created in the Catalyst Portal. Catalyst supports multiple SOAP Note Templates.
Once a SOAP Note has been created, Administrators can rearrange, edit, or delete fields.
IMPORTANT: SOAP Notes must be enabled at the Student level in order to appear on the Catalyst app. To learn more, please visit Enable SOAP Notes documentation.
Create a SOAP Note Template
Access SOAP Notes from the Administration Menu in the Administration Section.
- Click Create Template button.
- Enter desired SOAP Note Template Name.
- Click Create button.
NOTE: Template names must be unique, user can use the same Template name twice.
- Locate SOAP Note Template just created and click the Actions ellipse.
- Select Edit.
The SOAP Note template has five default fields that cannot be deleted:
- Date - Autofills in the app with the current date.
- Start Time - Autofills in the app with the time that the student notebook was first opened.
- End Time - Autofills in the app with the current time.
- Location - Autofill in the app with the exact GPS coordinates where the SOAP Note is completed.
- Notes - Provides a free text field in the app for users to enter desired session notes.
NOTE: Allow the Catalyst app to access your location in device settings for a location to be detected.
Additionally, there is one field that is automatically added to your SOAP Note Template that can be deleted, if desired.
- Signature - Provides a field in the app for the therapist's signature.
All fields can be rearranged, by hovering over the Grid icon and dragging the desired item to a new location.
Customize the SOAP Note by adding additional custom fields by clicking on the buttons in the top left: +Add Field, +Add Note, and +Add Section. The three types of custom fields available:
ADD FIELD - Insert fields that collect information from the user completing a SOAP Note on the app. There are several answer types.
ADD NOTE - Insert desired text into a SOAP Note. Text is left-aligned and unbolded. User to insert information or instructions.
ADD SECTION - Insert text that is center aligned, bolded, and underlined. Use to insert headers in a SOAP Note.